Sunday, November 2, 2008

Music

So I added a music player to this story of mine. Here's the thing: music has always played a huge role in my life. I'm one of those people who is convinced that my life is secretly being filmed somewhere. My music is the soundtrack, and like any good soundtrack, it illustrates and informs the rest of the story. Movie. Whatever.

Certain songs are my "flying songs". I play them in my head while I'm stepping to fly. They serve to get me jazzed up, ready to go. I've included a few of them on this playlist. I hope you enjoy them.

Music also serves another purpose for me. It's like an index of memories. Songs remind me of where/when I was when they were popular. When I deploy, I have no doubt that the music I listen to will color my perceptions about the entire experience. If I can, I'll share that music with you, here.

No comments: